Friday 16 January 2015

Welcome to Lily in the Library


Hi, everyone!

I am pleased to welcome you to Lily in the Library. I am planning for this blog to be a record of my classics literature reading journey. I have even joined book club focus on classics literature and classics reading challenge to ensure I meet this goal. Occasionally, I might veer off from this goal and blog about other genres such as young adult and mysteries. But not too much, I hope.

Now, a little about me. Lily Manette is an alter ego  created from a character I love and a book I like. Please note that it is not my real name, though you may call me Lily. I mostly read young adult, mysteries, and classics. This year, I have decided to focus more on reading the classics to make up for the lack of it in 2014. I've even followed book blogs on classics literature to strengthen my resolution. Some of my favourite authors are Stephen King, Agatha Christie, Tolkien, Ann Radcliffe, Daphne du Maurier, The Brontë Sisters, Jane Austen, Anna Katherine Green, Wilkie Collins, and Fanny Burney. Hopefully. this list will grow longer by the end of the year. I already have some Trollope, Emile Zola, and Victor Hugo waiting to be read on my shelf.

Please make yourself comfortable and talk to me about your favourite books and authors. I'd love for book recommendations from you. Happy reading!

Contact Me: lilymanette@gmail.com

No comments:

Post a Comment